Re: add_partial_path() may remove dominated path but still in use

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)heterodb(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: add_partial_path() may remove dominated path but still in use
Date: 2019-01-04 04:46:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I tried to make a patch to have dual hooks at set_rel_pathlist(), and
adjusted PG-Strom for the new design. It stopped to create GatherPath
by itself, just added a partial path for the base relation.
It successfully made a plan using parallel custom-scan node, without
system crash.

As I mentioned above, it does not use the new "post_rel_pathlist_hook"
because we can add both of partial/regular path-node at the first hook
with no particular problems.

Thanks,

dbt3=# explain select
sum(l_extendedprice * l_discount) as revenue
from
lineitem
where
l_shipdate >= date '1994-01-01'
and l_shipdate < cast(date '1994-01-01' + interval '1 year' as date)
and l_discount between 0.08 - 0.01 and 0.08 + 0.01
and l_quantity < 24 limit 1;
QUERY PLAN
Limit (cost=144332.62..144332.63 rows=1 width=4)
-> Aggregate (cost=144332.62..144332.63 rows=1 width=4)
-> Gather (cost=144285.70..144329.56 rows=408 width=4)
Workers Planned: 2
-> Parallel Custom Scan (GpuPreAgg) on lineitem
(cost=143285.70..143288.76 rows=204 width=4)
Reduction: NoGroup
Outer Scan: lineitem (cost=1666.67..143246.16
rows=63254 width=8)
Outer Scan Filter: ((l_discount >= '0.07'::double
precision) AND
(l_discount <=
'0.09'::double precision) AND
(l_quantity <
'24'::double precision) AND
(l_shipdate <
'1995-01-01'::date) AND
(l_shipdate >=
'1994-01-01'::date))
(8 rows)

Thanks,

--
HeteroDB, Inc / The PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)heterodb(dot)com>

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-bugfix-relocation-path-set_rel_pathlist_hook.v10.patch application/octet-stream 2.8 KB
pgsql-bugfix-relocation-path-set_rel_pathlist_hook.v11.patch application/octet-stream 2.7 KB