Re: Trying to use binary replication - from tutorial

From: Evan Walter <ewalter(at)decisionanalyst(dot)com>
To: Mark Keisler <qa4437(at)motorola(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trying to use binary replication - from tutorial
Date: 2011-10-13 20:31:28
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

I pretty much didn't change anything in the config files except what was in
the tutorial at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Binary_Replication_Tutorial

on the slave I created a recovery.conf file containing:
standby_mode = 'on'
primary_conninfo = 'host=<servers ip here>'

on the master postgresql.conf I set
listen_address = '*'
wav_level = hot_standby
max_wal_senders = 3

I didn't change any of postgresql.conf Archiving settings. They all seem to
be commented out. Could that be the problem?

Evan