Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning

From: Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Date: 2017-11-29 11:35:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

PFA the new version of the patch which can be applied over v11 patches
of Amit Langote [1]. The patch has been completely modified and the
0001 patch of previous series is no longer required. As mentioned
above, I have used the PartitionDispatchInfo and an array to which
holds the actual subplan index.

This one addresses the problems mentioned above but still needs to be
thoroughly tested. I will soon post a new patch rebased over Amit's
v13 patches[2] soon with additional code comments.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/62d21a7b-fea9-f2d7-c33a-8caa12eca612%40lab.ntt.co.jp
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/df609168-b7fd-4c0b-e9b2-6e398d411e27%40lab.ntt.co.jp

--

Beena Emerson

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Implement-runtime-partiton-pruning_v3.patch application/octet-stream 39.6 KB