Re: SSH Tunneling implementation

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSH Tunneling implementation
Date: 2012-07-12 12:06:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Akshay Joshi
> <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have tried a lot to figure out libssh2 is compiled with which crypto
> > library, but unable to find it. Can someone guide/help me or do we
> continue
> > with the public key option on UI?
>
> The libssh2 guys couldn't tell you how?

I'll post this on mailing list, but I have found one solution to the
problem is checking the function "*libssh2_md5*" using AC_CHECK_LIB as
below
AC_CHECK_LIB(ssh2, libssh2_md5, [IS_LIBSSH2_OPENSSL_CRYPTO=yes],
[IS_LIBSSH2_OPENSSL_CRYPTO=no])

I have analyze libssh2 source code and found "libssh2_md5" is
implemented only for openssl version not for the gcrypt. I have tested it
with both
the version of libssh2.so.

Thoughts? Comments?