Re: WAL archive on slave

From: James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)lisasoft(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WAL archive on slave
Date: 2014-02-10 00:43:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi again,

I just realised I asked this question around a year ago (for a different
reason actually) and you answered me then! Amazing!

Your answer then was:

It works fine, only the server will not generate WAL while
> it is in recovery. As soon as you promote the standby,
> it will archive ist WALs.

Is this still correct? If it is the the only way that I could achieve what
I wanted would be to set wal_keep_segments high enough then they will all
be archived on promotion?

I'm still not sure why they wouldn't be archived on the slave, seen as they
show up in the directory? Is there a limitation I'm not thinking about here?

Cheers,

James Sewell,
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

*P *(+61) 3 8370 8000 *W* www.lisasoft.com *F *(+61) 3 8370 8099

--

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or