Re: Parallel grouping sets

From: Richard Guo <riguo(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Pengzhou Tang <ptang(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel grouping sets
Date: 2020-01-19 08:52:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I realized that there are two patches in this thread that are
implemented according to different methods, which causes confusion. So I
decide to update this thread with only one patch, i.e. the patch for
'Implementation 1' as described in the first email and then move the
other patch to a separate thread.

With this idea, here is the patch for 'Implementation 1' that is rebased
with the latest master.

Thanks
Richard

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 3:24 PM Richard Guo <riguo(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 10:03 AM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 07:07:22PM +0800, Pengzhou Tang wrote:
>> > Richard pointed out that he get incorrect results with the patch I
>> > attached, there are bugs somewhere,
>> > I fixed them now and attached the newest version, please refer to [1]
>> for
>> > the fix.
>>
>> Mr Robot is reporting that the latest patch fails to build at least on
>> Windows. Could you please send a rebase? I have moved for now the
>> patch to next CF, waiting on author.
>

> Thanks for reporting this issue. Here is the rebase.
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Implementing-parallel-grouping-sets.patch application/octet-stream 24.7 KB