Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum

From: John Naylor <johncnaylorls(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Yura Sokolov <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Date: 2024-03-06 11:20:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 11:12 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > I'd like to push 0001 and 0002 shortly, and then do another sweep over
> > 0003, with remaining feedback, and get that in so we get some
> > buildfarm testing before the remaining polishing work on
> > tidstore/vacuum.
>
> Sounds a reasonable plan. 0001 and 0002 look good to me. I'm going to
> polish tidstore and vacuum patches and update commit messages.

I don't think v66 got a CI run because of vacuumlazy.c bitrot, so I'm
attaching v67 which fixes that and has some small cosmetic adjustments
to the template. One functional change for debugging build is that
RT_STATS now prints out the number of leaves. I'll squash and push
0001 tomorrow morning unless there are further comments.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v67-ART.tar.gz application/gzip 67.7 KB