Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Nikhil Sontakke <nikhils(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Sokolov Yura <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date: 2018-03-23 15:26:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5 March 2018 at 16:37, Nikhil Sontakke <nikhils(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>> I will re-submit with "git format-patch" soon.
>>
> PFA, patches in "format-patch" format.
>
> This patch set also includes changes in the test_decoding plugin along
> with an additional savepoint related test case that was pointed out on
> this thread, upstream.

Reviewing 0001-Cleaning-up-and-addition-of-new-flags-in-ReorderBuff.patch

Change from is_known_as_subxact to rbtxn_is_subxact
loses some meaning, since rbtxn entries with this flag set false might
still be subxacts, we just don't know yet.

rbtxn_is_serialized refers to RBTXN_SERIALIZED
so flag name should be RBTXN_IS_SERIALIZED so it matches

Otherwise looks OK to commit

Reviewing 0003-Add-support-for-logging-GID-in-commit-abort-WAL-reco

Looks fine, reworked patch attached
* added changes to xact.h from patch 4 so that this is a whole,
committable patch
* added comments to make abort and commit structs look same

Attached patch is proposed for a separate, early commit as part of this

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
logging-GID-in-commit-abort-WAL.v2.patch application/octet-stream 18.1 KB