Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Date: 2018-02-01 15:21:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1 February 2018 at 12:45, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> I think it would be very helpful if we could discuss everything with
> direct relevance to v14, so this becomes a patch review, not just a
> debate.
> i.e. which isolation test would we like to change from ERROR to
> success? or which new test would you like to add?
>
> Thanks

In my understanding, we are discussing changing the potential outcome
from concurrent operations on the small subset of test results noted
in the attached patch-on-patch. (This will break the patch tester)

If you can confirm these are the ones we are discussing and say what
you think the output should be, that will help us be very specific .

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
merge_indoubt_concurrent_output.v1.patch application/octet-stream 4.1 KB