Re: bgwriter doesn't flush WAL stats

From: Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bgwriter doesn't flush WAL stats
Date: 2023-10-03 13:08:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 at 13:08, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi> wrote:

> The first patch, to flush the bgwriter's WAL stats to the stats
> collector, seems like a straightforward bug fix, so committed and
> backpatched that. Thank you!
>
> I didn't look at the second patch.

Thanks for the push!

Actual commitfest entry for the second patch is:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/45/4416/. I sent a second patch to
this thread just to show how I found this bug. There is no need to
review it, this commitfest entry could be closed as committed.

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft