Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests

From: Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests
Date: 2023-09-05 17:26:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! I updated the patch, 'needs-private-lo'
option enables kerberos, ldap, load_balance and ssl extra tests now.

> On Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 04:30:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Yeah, I could live with something like that from the security standpoint.
> > Not sure if it helps Nazir's use-case though. Maybe we could invent
> > categories that can be used in place of individual test names?
> > For now,

Yes, that is not ideal for my use-case but still better.

On Tue, 5 Sept 2023 at 00:09, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> wrote:

> I could imagine categories for filesystem bytes and RAM bytes. Also, while
> needs-private-lo has a bounded definition, "slow" doesn't. If today's one
> "slow" test increases check-world duration by 1.1x, we may not let a
> 100x-increase test use the same keyword.

I agree. I didn't create a new category as 'slow' but still open to suggestions.

I am not very familiar with perl syntax, I would like to hear your
opinions on how the implementation of the check_extra_text_enabled()
function could be done better.

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Create-shorthand-for-including-extra-tests-that-t.patch text/x-diff 8.7 KB