Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com>
Subject: Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files
Date: 2017-09-04 08:53:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In some experiments with pg_rewind and rep mgr I noticed that local testing
is complicated by the fact that pg_rewind appears to copy configuration
files from the source to target directory.

I would propose to make a modest patch to exclude postgresql.conf,
pg_hba.conf, and pg_ident.conf from the file tree traversal.

Any feedback before I create.a proof of concept?

--
Best Regards,
Chris Travers

Tel: +49 162 9037 210 | Skype: einhverfr | www.adjust.com