Re: PATCH: psql tab completion for SELECT

From: Edmund Horner <ejrh00(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: psql tab completion for SELECT
Date: 2018-01-15 01:12:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

And here's a patch to add savepoint protection for tab completion.

It could definitely use some scrutiny to make sure it's not messing up
the user's transaction.

I added some error checking for the savepoint creation and the
rollback, and then wrapped it in #ifdef NOT_USED (just as the query
error checking is) as I wasn't sure how useful it is for normal use.

But I do feel that if psql unexpectedly messes up the transaction, it
should report it somehow. How can we tell that we've messed it up for
the user?

Cheers,
Edmund

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-tab-completion-savepoint-v1.patch application/octet-stream 2.1 KB