Re: Automatic Failover Hot Standby / Streaming replication

From: Wissem <kiwan2005(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Matheus de Oliveira <matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: 杨晓青 <xqy1522(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Automatic Failover Hot Standby / Streaming replication
Date: 2012-02-27 14:33:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you.

Now, I have the Master / Slave setup.

Virtual machine: Postgresql Master installed + pgpool installed
Virtual machine: Postgresql Slave installed,

The Hot Standby / Streaming replication on 2 servers works perfecly with
manual failover.

Now, I want to configure pgpool to do the automatic failover, my questions
are:

1- How to configure pgpool so it knows the HS/SR configuration I already
setup?
2- How pgpool will know about my HS/SR setup?
3- How to setup the automnatic failover with pgpool?

Thank you