Re: multivariate statistics v11

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multivariate statistics v11
Date: 2016-03-09 02:24:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached is v11 of the patch - this is mostly a cleanup of v10, removing
> redundant code, adding missing comments, removing obsolete FIXME/TODOs
> and so on. Overall this shaves ~20kB from the patch (not a primary
> objective, though).

This has some some conflicts with the pathification commit, in the
regression tests.

To avoid that, I applied it to the commit before that, 3fc6e2d7f5b652b417fa6^

Having done that, In my hands, it fails its own regression tests.
Diff attached.

It breaks contrib postgres_fdw, I'll look into that when I get a
chance of no one beats me to it.

postgres_fdw.c: In function 'postgresGetForeignJoinPaths':
postgres_fdw.c:3623: error: too few arguments to function
'clauselist_selectivity'
postgres_fdw.c:3642: error: too few arguments to function
'clauselist_selectivity'

Cheers,

Jeff

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs application/octet-stream 21.1 KB