Re: WIP: multivariate statistics / proof of concept

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: multivariate statistics / proof of concept
Date: 2015-04-28 17:36:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> * Jeff Janes (jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Tomas Vondra <
> tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
> > wrote:
> > > attached is a new version of the patch series. Aside from fixing
> various
> > > issues (crashes, memory leaks). The patches are rebased to current
> > > master, and I also attach a few SQL scripts I used for testing (nothing
> > > fancy, just stress-testing all the parts the patch touches).
> >
> > I get cascading conflicts in pg_proc.h. It looked easy enough to fix,
> > except then I get compiler errors:
>
> Yeah, those are because you didn't address the new column which was
> added to pg_proc. You need to add another _null_ in the pg_proc.h lines
> in the correct place, apparently on four lines.

Thanks. I think I tried that, but was still having trouble. But it turns
out that the trouble was for an unrelated reason, and I got it to compile
now.

Some of the fdw's need a patch as well in order to compile, see attached.

Cheers,

Jeff

Attachment Content-Type Size
multivariate_contrib.patch application/octet-stream 1.8 KB