Add absolute value to dict_int

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Add absolute value to dict_int
Date: 2020-02-27 20:49:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've seen a few requests on how to make FTS search on the absolute value of
integers. This question is usually driven by the fact that the text search
parser interprets a separating hyphen ("partnumber-987") as a minus sign.

There is currently no good answer for this that doesn't involve C coding.
I think this feature has a natural and trivial home in the dict_int
extension, so attached is a patch that does that.

There are no changes to the extension creation scripts, so there is no need
to bump the version. And I think the convention is that we don't bump the
version just to signify a change which implements a new feature when that
doesn't change the creation scripts.

Cheers,

Jeff

Attachment Content-Type Size
dict_int_absval_v001.patch application/octet-stream 3.4 KB