repetitive string patterns in pgadmin

From: Harald Armin Massa <harald(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: repetitive string patterns in pgadmin
Date: 2011-08-21 11:48:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello,

last night I did a big chunk of the german translation of the pgAdmin 3 strings.

There was a repetitive pattern of:

<x> dependencies
<x> dependencies report
<x> dependents
<x> dependents report
<x> properties
<x> properties report

and for some of those additionally sth. called "listen report"

as <x> was taken from a big set, it gave a lot of strings to
translate, in a boring way with carpal tunnel risks as of the
interface of poedit.

I would love if we could find a way to have those usages separated, as in

string constant 1 = <x>
string constant 2 = "dependencies"
string constant 3 = "dependencies report"
which would reduce the number of strings to translate dramatically.
And, even if one <x> is not translated, as <x> is usually something
within the database, the technical adapt user of pgAdmin should be
able to figure that out. (in constrast of the fuzzy translations
poedit is suggesting)

Harald

--
Harald Armin Massa     www.2ndQuadrant.de
PostgreSQL  Training, Services  and Support

2ndQuadrant Deutschland GmbH
GF: Harald Armin Massa
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 736399