Re: pglogical_output - a general purpose logical decoding output plugin

From: Jarred Ward <jarred(at)webriots(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomasz Rybak <tomasz(dot)rybak(at)post(dot)pl>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, konstantin knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: pglogical_output - a general purpose logical decoding output plugin
Date: 2016-01-07 17:28:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I didn't receive a response on the bugs mailing list for the following bug,
so I was hoping we could triage to someone with more familiarity with
Postgres internals than I to fix.

This ticket seems like folks who are invested in logical decoding.

The attached script is a simple workload that logical decoding is unable to
decode. It causes an unrecoverable crash in the logical decoder with
'ERROR: subxact logged without previous toplevel record'.