Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq

From: Nikhil Sontakke <nikhils(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vaishnaviprabakaran(at)gmail(dot)com, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org, horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, daniel(at)yesql(dot)se, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, VaishnaviP(at)fast(dot)au(dot)fujitsu(dot)com, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com, dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, m(dot)kniep(at)web(dot)de, fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp, iwata(dot)aya(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq
Date: 2019-08-30 13:36:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> > This patch has been around for some time now, the last version fails to
> > apply cleanly and in-depth reviews have happened. I am moving that to
> > the next CF, waiting on its author.
>
> Unfortunately, nothing was changed since then, so there is already some amount
> of unaddressed review feedback. I'll move this patch to "Returned with
> feedback".

Craig Ringer mentioned about this thread to me recently.

This effort has seen decent reviews from Craig, Andres and Michael
already. So, I thought of refreshing it to work against latest master
HEAD.

PFA, main patch as well as the test patch (I named the test patch v17
to be consistent with the main patch). The major grouse with the test
patch AFAICS was the use of non-Windows compliant timersub() function.
I have now used INSTR_TIME_SET_CURRENT/INSTR_TIME_SUBTRACT family of
portable macros for the same.

Please let me know on what we think of the above.

Regards,
Nikhil
--
Nikhil Sontakke
2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-libpq_batch_tests_community_master.v17.patch application/octet-stream 38.8 KB
0001-libpq_batch_support_commmunity_master.v17.patch application/octet-stream 51.5 KB