Re: meetings?

From: Joe Uhl <joeuhl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wolf Halton <wolf(dot)halton(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Alan Brewer <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>, Lucky <Luckyology(at)aol(dot)com>, ATL-PUG <atlpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: meetings?
Date: 2012-09-26 13:03:08
Lists: atlpug

Super delayed response to this thread, but if nothing turns up in the
interim, we'll have a new dedicated event space ready here at MailChimp by
year end. Our office is in West Midtown, near GT's campus so not certain
if that is what people were thinking.

We use PostgreSQL internally in some interesting ways on large datasets
(dozens of TB) so would have some attendees and talks out of that I am
certain. Likely could sponsor to cover food, etc as well.

Just throwing it out there. Might be worth setting up a meetup.com group
to start building a list of people/emails. I'll be out of commission
through the fall but could help out directly with organizing after that.

Joe Uhl