Re: Add socket dir to pg_config..?

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add socket dir to pg_config..?
Date: 2011-10-29 14:19:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
> I'm puzzled, maybe I'm not understanding a key point here though.

I think the only thing you're missing here is that, despite
appearances some days, Postgres is not run by a single hive mind. Tom
thinks there needs to be a single location for all builds as it's part
of the protocol, and others agree with the approach Debian took and we
haven't really resolved that
discrepancy. So Postgres's treatment of this configuration is
naturally a bit schizophrenic.

--
greg