error after installing on CentOS 5.8 with source

From: Alan Etkin <spametki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error after installing on CentOS 5.8 with source
Date: 2012-07-27 14:39:13
Lists: psycopg

Thanks to all the detailed tips you've posted for the issue I managed to do
import psycopg2 in the CentOS 5.8 VPS:

-Removed all pg installations in the system (luckily there were no dbs to
backup)
-Built/Installed last PostgreSQL dist. at standard location under /usr/local
-Re-built/installed psycopg2 source dist. (set proper pg_config parameter
in setup.cfg)
-I had to do this too, because psycopg2 still complained about libqp.so.5
location (maybe because of not setting lib dirs in setup.cfg):
# cp /usr/local/<pg lib> /usr/lib

After those steps Python2.7.3 plus psycopg2 runs ok. I think the last step
might have something to do with the fact that the python interpreter
libraries are installed under /opt/... which I think is a distribution
non-standard location setup

Note: perhaps this needs further tests for db connection or other issues

Thank you very much