Re: should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn(at)amazon(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?
Date: 2021-10-09 09:11:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 3:56 AM Bharath Rupireddy
<bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > I would think that these would fall under "pg_read_all_stats", in
> > particular, which is explicitly documented as: Read all pg_stat_* views
> > and use various statistics related extensions, even those normally
> > visible only to superusers.
> >
> > (the last bit being particularly relevant in this case)
>
> +1. I will prepare the patch with the pg_read_all_stats role.

Here's the v1, please review it further.

I've also made a CF entry - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/35/3352/

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-change-privileges-of-pg_backend_memory_contexts-p.patch application/octet-stream 9.2 KB