Re: Improve WALRead() to suck data directly from WAL buffers when possible

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improve WALRead() to suck data directly from WAL buffers when possible
Date: 2023-03-02 11:43:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 2:39 PM Bharath Rupireddy
<bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Please find the attached v5 patch set for further review.

I simplified the code largely by moving the logic of reading the WAL
buffer page from a separate function to the main while loop. This
enabled me to get rid of XLogReadFromBuffersGuts() that v5 and other
previous patches have.

Please find the attached v6 patch set for further review. Meanwhile,
I'll continue to work on the review comment raised upthread -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230301041523.GA1453450%40nathanxps13.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Improve-WALRead-to-suck-data-directly-from-WAL-bu.patch application/x-patch 7.4 KB
v6-0002-Add-test-module-for-verifying-WAL-read-from-WAL-b.patch application/x-patch 9.2 KB