Re: Is there any documentation on how to correctly create extensions in HA(primary-standby) setup?

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there any documentation on how to correctly create extensions in HA(primary-standby) setup?
Date: 2022-03-27 03:37:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 10:20 AM Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu> wrote:

> This doesn't seem to be getting any further attention. It sounds like
> Julien didn't agree with the scope of the text. Bharath do you think
> Julien's comments make sense? Will you have a chance to look at this?

Thanks Greg. I was busy with other features.

Thanks Julien for the off-list discussion. I tried to address review
comments in the v3 patch attached. Now, I've added the notes in
high-availability.sgml which sort of suits more and closer to physical
replicatioin than contrib.sgml or extend.sgml.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Document-configuring-an-external-module-in-physic.patch application/octet-stream 2.8 KB