should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?
Date: 2021-10-07 17:41:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In a typical production environment, the user (not necessarily a
superuser) sometimes wants to analyze the memory usage via
pg_backend_memory_contexts view or pg_log_backend_memory_contexts
function which are accessible to only superusers. Isn't it better to
allow non-superusers with an appropriate predefined role (I'm thinking
of pg_monitor) to access them?

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.