Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)

From: Damir Belyalov <dam(dot)bel07(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, daniel(at)yesql(dot)se, anisimow(dot)d(at)gmail(dot)com, HukuToc(at)gmail(dot)com, Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Alena Rybakina <lena(dot)ribackina(at)yandex(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)
Date: 2023-09-15 10:02:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Since v5 patch failed applying anymore, updated the patch.
Thank you for updating the patch . I made a little review on it where
corrected some formatting.

> - COPY with a datatype error that can't be handled as a soft error
>
> I didn't know proper way to test this, but I've found data type widget's
> input function widget_in() defined to occur hard-error in regress.c,
> attached patch added a test using it.

This test seems to be weird a bit, because of the "widget" type. The hard
error is thrown by the previous test with missing data. Also it'll be
interesting for me to list all cases when a hard error can be thrown.

Regards,
Damir Belyalov
Postgres Professional

Attachment Content-Type Size
v7-0001-Add-new-COPY-option-IGNORE_DATATYPE_ERRORS.patch text/x-patch 12.1 KB