Re: Added schema level support for publication.

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date: 2021-06-17 01:05:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 4:59 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 8:08 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > And, with this feature, since there can be many huge tables inside a
> > schema, the initial table sync phase of the replication can take a
> > while.
> >
> > Say a user has created a publication for a schema with hundreds of
> > tables in it, at some point later, can he stop replicating a single or
> > some tables from that schema?
> >

> Isn't this applies to FOR ALL TABLES syntax as well where the user
> might want to exclude one or a few tables? I am not sure if it is a
> good idea to deal with this as part of this patch.

Yes, this applies to "FOR ALL TABLES" publications also, i had worked for
this, the patch for the same is attached at [1]. I had created a separate
patch for this so that it is easier for reviewing.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm10g2h29a-oFHsadk-Du6RDhnVQT_vfTGqR82DsjxQLqQ%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vignesh