Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Krishnakumar R <kksrcv001(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, "andres(at)anarazel(dot)de" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap
Date: 2024-02-01 16:24:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 at 00:03, Krishnakumar R <kksrcv001(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thank you for review, Peter.
>
> Makes sense on the split part. Was starting to think in same lines, at the end of last iteration. Will come back shortly.

>> > With help from Thomas, figured out that on windows fopen uses binary
>> > mode in the backend which causes issues with EOL. Please find the
>> > attached patch updated with a fix for this.
>>
>> I suggest that this patch set be split up into three incremental parts:
>>
>> 1. Move some build-time settings from initdb to postgres.bki.
>> 2. The database locale handling.
>> 3. The bki file handling.
>>
>> Each of these topics really needs a separate detailed consideration.

The patch which you submitted has been awaiting your attention for
quite some time now. As such, we have moved it to "Returned with
Feedback" and removed it from the reviewing queue. Depending on
timing, this may be reversible. Kindly address the feedback you have
received, and resubmit the patch to the next CommitFest.

Regards,
Vignesh