Identify missing publications from publisher while create/alter subscription.

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-01-21 13:25:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Creating/altering subscription is successful when we specify a
publication which does not exist in the publisher. I felt we should
throw an error in this case, that will help the user to check if there
is any typo in the create subscription command or to create the
publication before the subscription is created.
If the above analysis looks correct, then please find a patch that
checks if the specified publications are present in the publisher and
throws an error if any of the publications is missing in the
publisher.
Thoughts?

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Identify-missing-publications-from-publisher-whil.patch text/x-patch 6.8 KB