Re: postgres and xquery

From: kristian kvilekval <kris(at)cs(dot)ucsb(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres and xquery
Date: 2013-05-14 14:48:40
Lists: pgsql-general

I was really hoping to see be able to store several ten's of millions XML
documents in postgres, but I would also like to use Xquery to retrieve
results. Back in 2010 there was some mailing list discussion about using
integrating the xquery processor of zorba into postgres. I was trying to
gauge the interest level and if anybody had attempted it. As you say, JSON
has stolen all the thunder, and in fact the Zorba people have worked on
JSONiq (an xquery processor for JSON data structures), but our project uses
XML. We like the flexibility you get with Xquery and I am looking around
for some solutions.