Sr. Database Administrator at Yammer (San Francisco)

From: Kristen Caldwell <kcaldwell(at)yammer-inc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sr. Database Administrator at Yammer (San Francisco)
Date: 2011-09-28 21:13:55
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Yammer (www.yammer.com)is the leader in Enterprise Social Networking,
providing a secure way foremployees inside a company to communicate,
collaborate, and share information.The basic version of Yammer is free, and
companies can pay to upgrade theirnetwork to receive additional
administrative and security controls, prioritycustomer service, and a
dedicated customer success manager. More than 100,000companies and
organizations are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service(SaaS)
solution to improve employee productivity and engagement.

Yammer began when the CEO, David Sacks,presented the idea at TechCrunch 50
in 2008 taking home the grand prize. Sincethen, we have 3 Million users with
over 80% of the Fortune 500 companies using our product.

In this role, you would be working with both the Operations and the
Analytics Teams taking ownership of our PostgreSQL and Vertica databases.

Required Skills

* Experience with design and support of large, high volume production
databases
* Strong understanding of PostgreSQL, including experience with or
goodunderstanding of clustering and database replication scenarios.
* In depth knowledge of database design, including logical and physical
design,as well as SQL
* Analytical skills

* comfort with tools/processes involved in data-drivendecision-making
* Comfort working in fast-paced environment

Preferred Skills:
* BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.

* Experience with Vertica preferred

* Experience with NOSQL solutions such as MongoDB or similar technologies
* Experience with design and support of a Data Warehouse
If interested, feel free to send me an email directly at
kcaldwell(at)yammer-inc(dot)com

--
Kristen Caldwell
**

Total of $57M in funding | We won the TechCrunch50 prize in 2008 | Yammer
is used by 80% of Fortune 500 companies