Re: Why new users come to PostgreSQL (IMHO)

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why new users come to PostgreSQL (IMHO)
Date: 2012-09-14 00:28:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

There are a couple other groups too. At least around here I have seen a
lot of people entering PostgreSQL from the Oracle world, and PostGIS is a
huge selling point that we have too.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> However, now is no time to relax. The new databases will continue to
> improve, and they're very aggressive about recruiting new users. We're
> "on top" now, but that just gives others an incentive to push us off.
>
> This is true. However, the fact is that our pace of development continues
to increase. The fact is that this is increasing our momentum rather than
decreasing it on all fronts.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers