Re: Problem with default partition pruning

From: yuzuko <yuzukohosoya(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, shawn wang <shawn(dot)wang(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Shawn Wang <shawn(dot)wang(at)highgo(dot)ca>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with default partition pruning
Date: 2019-06-27 02:34:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 1:45 PM yuzuko <yuzukohosoya(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello Shawn, Alvaro,
>
> Thank you for testing patches and comments.
> Yes, there are two patches:
> (1) v4_default_partition_pruning.patch fixes problems with default
> partition pruning
> and (2) v3_ignore_contradictory_where_clauses_at_partprune_step.patch determines
> if a given clause contradicts a sub-partitioned table's partition constraint.
> I'll post two patches together next time.
>
> Anyway, I'll rebase two patches to apply on master and fix space.

Attach the latest patches discussed in this thread. I rebased the second
patch (v5_ignore_contradictory_where_clauses_at_partprune_step.patch)
on the current master. Could you please check them again?

--
Best regards,
Yuzuko Hosoya

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4_default_partition_pruning.patch application/octet-stream 13.4 KB
v5_ignore_contradictory_where_clauses_at_partprune_step.patch application/octet-stream 4.2 KB