Re: Add hint about replication slots when nearing wraparound

From: Feike Steenbergen <feikesteenbergen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add hint about replication slots when nearing wraparound
Date: 2017-12-20 13:00:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 20 December 2017 at 06:22, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:
> prepare_transaction.sgml has a "Caution" block mentioning that it is
> unwise to keep 2PC transactions unfinished for a too-long time as it
> interferes with VACUUM. In doc/src/sgml/logicaldecoding.sgml, it would
> be nice to add the a similar caution notice about replication slots so
> as users can get be warned before a wraparound shows up.

Added.

As far as I know the issue only occurs for stale replication slots for
logical decoding
but not for physical replication, is that correct?

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-Add-hint-about-replication-slots-for-wraparound.patch application/octet-stream 8.5 KB