How to solve the problem "error reading c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\postgresql.conf during installation"

From: Varuna Seneviratna <varunaseneviratna(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to solve the problem "error reading c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\postgresql.conf during installation"
Date: 2014-05-18 22:00:56
Lists: pgsql-general

When I encountered the error in reading the postgresql.conf file I googled
and found the answer at error reading c:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\postgresql.conf during
installation<http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/49782810.9050309@cpttm.org.mo>.But
I am unable to execute the answer since when I run the command "*runas
/user:postgres** cmd*" and entered password of the superuser(postgres)
which I entered at the time of the installation I get the following as the
output.I am on Windows 7 starter

Attempting to start cmd as user "<admin-account-folder-name>\postgres" ...
RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - cmd
1326: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Can someone offer me a solution please?

I am totally new to PostgreSQL

Thanks Varuna