Runtime partition pruning for MergeAppend

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Runtime partition pruning for MergeAppend
Date: 2018-06-18 10:29:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Back in the v11 cycle, there was just not quite enough time to get the
MergeAppend run-time partition pruning patch in.

I've attached v24 of this patch. The only changes done from v23 [1]
are to re-base the patch atop of current master. There's was a bit of
churn in the partition pruning and run-time pruning code last week.
I've re-aligned the new code to account for the work done there.

I'll add this to the July 'fest.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f_yFC8vVLd3mHP4pxhRgPRKb9hqa4Zv+5v5pko6f038dA@mail.gmail.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v24-0001-Expand-run-time-partition-pruning-to-work-with-M.patch application/octet-stream 19.9 KB