Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date: 2018-04-09 03:48:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While looking at the docs in [1], I saw that we still mention:

4. Ensure that the constraint_exclusion configuration parameter is not
disabled in postgresql.conf. If it is, queries will not be optimized
as desired.

This is no longer true. The attached patch removed it.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/ddl-partitioning.html

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Remove-mention-of-constraint_exclusion-in-partitioni.patch application/octet-stream 996 bytes