Re: [HACKERS] Removing [Merge]Append nodes which contain a single subpath

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Removing [Merge]Append nodes which contain a single subpath
Date: 2018-11-24 00:36:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 at 09:37, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Now that the September 'fest is open for new patches I'm going to move
> this patch over there. This patch has become slightly less important
> than some other stuff, but I'd still like to come back to it.

This had bit-rotted quite a bit, so I've rebased it on top of today's master.

There's not really any other changes to speak of. I've not reevaluated
the patch to see if there is any more simple way to take care of this
problem yet. However, I do recall getting off to quite a few false
starts with this patch and the way I have it now was the only way I
saw to make it possible. Although, perhaps some more experience will
show me something different.

Anyway, I've attached the rebased version.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8-0001-Remove-single-subpath-Append-and-MergeAppend-node.patch application/octet-stream 81.0 KB