Re: Removing useless DISTINCT clauses

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, David Rowley <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Removing useless DISTINCT clauses
Date: 2018-03-23 21:12:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 22 March 2018 at 18:58, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On 21 March 2018 at 16:29, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author
>
> Thanks for reviewing this. I've attached an updated patch. I'll set
> back to waiting for review again.

I've attached another version of the patch. The only change is a
thinko in a comment which claimed it may be possible to do something
with DISTINCT ON clauses, but on further thought, I don't think that's
possible, so I've updated the comment to reflect my new thoughts.

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove_useless_distinct_clauses_v5.patch application/octet-stream 12.3 KB