Re: ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN fast default

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN fast default
Date: 2018-03-25 10:43:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 25 March 2018 at 20:09, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On 15 March 2018 at 21:33, Andrew Dunstan
> <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> rebased and mostly indented patch version attached.
>
> Thanks. I've attached a version of this which applies, builds and
> passes the regression tests on current master.
>
> Some conflicts were caused by 325f2ec555 and there was a new call to
> heap_attisnull which needed to be updated.
>
> I'll look over this now.

I've attached a delta patch against the v17 patch that I attached
earlier. I didn't change much, but there did seem to be a few places
where the patch was not properly setting atthasmissing to false. Most
of the rest is just cosmetic stuff

With the attached applied, I'm happy to mark the patch as ready for
committer, however, Petr is also signed up to review, so will defer to
him to see if he has any comments before altering the commitfest app's
state.

Attachment Content-Type Size
fast_default-v17_fixes.patch application/octet-stream 13.1 KB