Re: [GENERAL] Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations
Date: 2016-03-10 06:40:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Adding -hackers for consideration in the Commitfest.

Thanks!

David J.

>>>Original request by me

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKFQuwZqjz-je3Z=8JDOdYm3JM-N2UL4cuqy5VH8N75E5v1VVQ@mail.gmail.com

When executing a query using \watch in psql the first execution of the
query includes "Title is [...]" when \pset title is in use. Subsequent
executions do not. Once that first display goes off-screen the information
in the title is no longer readily accessible. If using \watch for a
long-running monitoring query it can be helpful to incorporate some context
information into the title.