pgtesttiming.sgml, FreeBSD command output

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgtesttiming.sgml, FreeBSD command output
Date: 2012-07-06 20:21:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

I noticed this little snippet claiming to be output on FreeBSD in
pgtesttiming.sgml:

<screen>
dmesg | grep "Timecounter"
sysctl kern.timecounter.hardware=TSC
</screen>

First, grep is case-sensitive by default, so that line of output
shouldn't have matched at all, right? Second, if I actually try the
above command on a FreeBSD 9 VM I have, I get (copying by hand, since
I can't seem to copy-and-paste out of this VM without X, please excuse
any typos):

Timecounter "ACPI-fast" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 900
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
Timecounter "TSC" frequency 2531787134 Hz quality 800

Anyway, if the original "sysctl ..." output is valid for a FreeBSD
machine, maybe only the grep command needs to be fixed (i.e. to "grep

Josh