Re: Documentation for building with meson

From: samay sharma <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Documentation for building with meson
Date: 2022-11-23 21:24:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 12:16 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 11:30:54AM -0800, samay sharma wrote:
> > Thanks for the feedback. Addressed all and added markup at a few more
> > places in v6 (attached).
>
> Thanks. It looks good to me. A couple thoughts, maybe they're not
> important.

Thank you. Attaching v7 addressing most of the points below.

> - LZ4 and Zstd refer to wal_compression and default_toast_compression,
> but not to any corresponding option to basebackup.
>
> - There's no space after the hash mark here; but above, there was:
> #Setup build directory with a different installation prefix

Added a space as that looks better.

> - You use slash to show enumerated options, but it's more typical to
> use braces: {a | b | c}:
> -Dnls=auto/enabled/disabled

Changed.

> - There's no earlier description/definition of an "auto" feature, but
> still says this:
> "Setting this option allows you to override value of all 'auto'
> features"

Described what an "auto" feature is in ().

> - Currently the documentation always refers to "PostgreSQL", but you
> added two references to "Postgres":
> + If a program required to build Postgres...
> + Once Postgres is built...

Good catch. Changed to PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Samay

> --
> Justin

Attachment Content-Type Size
v7-0001-Add-docs-for-building-with-meson.patch application/octet-stream 67.2 KB