Re: Documentation for building with meson

From: samay sharma <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Documentation for building with meson
Date: 2022-10-31 03:51:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 1:04 AM John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> +# Run the main pg_regress and isolation tests
> +<userinput>meson test --suite main</userinput>
>
> This does not work for me in a fresh install until running
>
> meson test --suite setup
>
> In fact, we see in
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Meson
>
> meson test --suite setup --suite main

You are right that this will be needed for a new install. I've added
--suite setup in the testing section in the v3 of the patch (attached).

> That was just an eyeball check from a naive user -- it would be good to
> try running everything documented here.

I retried all the instructions as suggested and they work for me.

Regards,
Samay

> --
> John Naylor
> EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Add-docs-for-building-with-meson.patch application/octet-stream 69.4 KB