Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays

From: Mark Rofail <markm(dot)rofail(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Date: 2018-05-27 15:31:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am having trouble rebasing the patch to the current head. I resolved all
conflicts, but there are changes to the codebase that I cannot accommodate.

issue 1: `pg_constraint.c:564`
I need to check that `conppeqop` is not null and copy it but I don't know
how to check its type since its a char*

issue 2: `matview.c:768`
I need to pass `fkreftype` but I don't have it in the rest of the function

In other news, I am currently working on exhaustive tests for the GIN
operator, but some pointers on how to do so would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mark Rofail

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Mark Rofail <markm(dot)rofail(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows the proper way to write a benchmarking
> test for the @>> operator. I used the below script in my previous attempt
> https://gist.github.com/markrofail/174ed370a2f2ac24800fde2fc27e2d38
> The script does the following steps:
>
> 1. Generate Table A with 5 rows
> 2. Generate Table B with n rows such as:
> every row of Table B is an array of IDs referencing rows in Table A.
>
> The tests we ran previously had Table B up to 1 million rows and the
> results can be seen here :
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJvoCusMuLnYZUbwTBKt%
> 2Bp6bB9GwiTqF95OsQFHXixJj3LkxVQ%40mail.gmail.com
>
> How would we change this so it would be more exhaustive and accurate?
>
> Regards,
> Mark Rofail

Attachment Content-Type Size
Array-ELEMENT-foreign-key-v8.1.patch text/x-patch 120.7 KB