Re: GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays

From: Mark Rofail <markm(dot)rofail(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Date: 2017-07-08 23:35:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* What I am working on*

- since we want to create an index on the referencing column, I am
working on firing a 'CREATE INDEX' query programatically right after the
'CREATE TABLE' query
- The problem I ran into is how to specify my Strategy (
GinContainsElemStrategy) within the CREATE INDEX query. For
example: CREATE
INDEX ON fktable USING gin (fkcolumn array_ops)
Where does the strategy number fit?
- The patch is attached here, is the approach I took to creating an
index programmatically, correct?

Best Regard,
Mark Rofail

Attachment Content-Type Size
GIN-fk-RI-code-v1.1.patch text/x-patch 2.9 KB