Re: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jingwangian(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority
Date: 2018-06-19 03:19:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:01 AM Jing Wang <jingwangian(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently I put a proposal to support 'prefer-read' parameter in
> target_session_attrs in libpq. Now I updated the patch with adding content
> in the sgml and regression test case.
>
> Some people may have noticed there is already another patch (
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/15/1148/ ) which looks similar with
> this. But I would say this patch is more complex than my proposal.
>
> It is better separate these 2 patches to consider.

I also feel prefer-read and read-only options needs to take as two
different options.
prefer-read is simple to support than read-only.

Here I attached an updated patch that is rebased to the latest master and
also
fixed some of the corner scenarios.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Allow-target-session-attrs-to-accept-prefer-read-opti.patch application/octet-stream 13.6 KB