Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Asim R P <apraveen(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2019-02-04 03:31:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 1:43 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> OK. I will work on the doc changes.

Sorry for the delay.

Attached a draft patch of doc and comments changes that I worked upon.
Currently I added comments to the callbacks that are present in the
TableAmRoutine
structure and I copied it into the docs. I am not sure whether it is a good
approach or not?
I am yet to add description for the each parameter of the callbacks for
easier understanding.

Or, Giving description of each callbacks in the docs with division of those
callbacks
according to them divided in the TableAmRoutine structure? Currently
following divisions
are available.
1. Table scan
2. Parallel table scan
3. Index scan
4. Manipulation of physical tuples
5. Non-modifying operations on individual tuples
6. DDL
7. Planner
8. Executor

Suggestions?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Doc-and-comments-update.patch application/octet-stream 48.4 KB